The hard part might be over, but you still have a few things to get squared away before you’re an official Lion. Don’t worry, we’ve made it as painless as possible. This site will guide you through the final steps of the admission process and answer all of your burning “what’s next” questions. If you need to get in touch, contact us at any time.
Please check any boxes that describe who you are. From there, we’ll customize a checklist explaining exactly what you need to do to finalize your acceptance and prepare for the upcoming year.
Secure Your Spot
Activate Your Email / Review Saint Leo University's Technology
You’ll also want to activate your student email. You’ll start receiving important info about housing, registration and more as soon as we process your deposit so it is important to begin checking your student email. Once your email is activated, you’ll also gain access to MySaintLeo and eLion (manage financial aid, access academic information, register for and check class schedules, grades, account balance and other important student information). While you’re here, go ahead and bookmark these links. You’ll be using them a lot.
Are you planning to bring your own laptop/device to Saint Leo? Make sure it meets our compliant device requirements by CLICKING HERE.
Commuting or only enrolling part-time?
You are eligible for the Saint Leo University low cost laptop rental program.
Each year Saint Leo reviews our technology program to ensure that we are providing students with top technology and support. After a recent review, we are pleased to announce that Saint Leo has determined this year’s incoming full-time students who live on campus and who will not be bringing their own technology will be eligible for devices through a no-cost rental program on a first-come, first-served limited basis.
First-Year Students: Eligible for a compliant laptop device through our no-cost rental program, available on a first-come, first-served limited basis.
Fill Out Required Forms
Based on your responses above, these are the forms you’ll need to fill out to complete the admission process. Most will require your Saint Leo University Student ID # and university email address, which you can find in your acceptance email sent by the Office of Admissions or by contacting your admission counselor.
Please note: Your immunization form requires a signature from your doctor, so don’t put it off until the last minute. Mail back your completed form, along with any required health records, to the Saint Leo Health & Wellness Center:
Health & Wellness Center
Saint Leo University – MC2214
PO Box 6665
Saint Leo, FL 33574-6665
If you have any questions, please call the Health & Wellness Center at (352) 588-8347.
Because all full-time students must have health insurance, Saint Leo automatically enrolls all full-time students in a university-approved health plan. To waive this coverage and prevent your account from being billed, complete the waiver process (usually available sometime in mid-July).
You’ll need your Saint Leo email address and portal password to access the housing website. Housing applications open April 1, 2016. First-year housing is guaranteed as long as you submit your residence application and agreement by July 1, 2016.
Please note: You won’t be able to apply for housing until your deposit has been processed, which usually takes about three days. If you need special housing accommodations, please contact the Office of Accessibility Services at email@example.com, by phone (352) 588-8464 or by fax (352) 588-8506.
International students require a Form I-20 and F-1 student visa to enter and study in the United States. To receive your Form I-20, complete the following steps:
- Provide a color copy of your passport.
- Submit your completed and signed Certificate of Finances form.
- Send supporting financial documentation. All students are required to demonstrate the financial ability to pay for at least one year of academic and living expenses before being issued an immigration document by Saint Leo University. All supporting financial documents must be in English or accompanied by a notarized English translation showing available liquid funds. The financial documents cannot be older than six months at the time of submission to Saint Leo University in order to be considered valid. These financial documents include, but are not limited to, bank statements and letters, government or organization scholarships. These items can be sent electronically, through postal mail or faxed. Once your documents have been received, Saint Leo University will issue the Form I-20. This will be mailed to the mailing address listed on your Certificate of Finances form.
Once you receive your Form I-20, complete the following steps to apply for your F-1 student visa:
- Immediately review your Form I-20 once you receive it. Check your name, date of birth, and all other information for accuracy. If you find any errors, please let us know immediately.
- Pay the $200 SEVIS Fee.
- Apply for your F-1 student visa. (Please note: Citizens of Canada and Bermuda do not need to apply for a student visa and can enter the United States with a Form I-20.)
- Make an appointment at the closest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- Attend your appointment with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Be sure to take the following items to your appointment:
- Signed Form I-20
- Saint Leo University acceptance letter
- Valid passport
- Receipt confirming SEVIS payment
- Supporting financial documents
- Saint Leo Health History and Immunization forms
Once you have been issued your F-1 student visa, you are ready to come to the United States to study. Please be sure to carry all of the listed documents with you on your flight, including your Form I-20.
Get Ahead By Completing These Steps Before You Arrive
Placement exams on campus will take place Monday-Friday, April 3-July 23. We are unable to offer campus placement exams on Saturdays and Sundays.
For all Transfer students: If you have taken college level English and/or Math, please follow-up with your admissions counselor to see if we have your official transcript on file. If you have not ordered your official transcript, please contact the university or college you previously attended and have them sent as soon as possible.
If you have not taken college level English and/or Math, you will need to complete Placement Exams. You will receive more information once you submit your deposit.
For First Time in College if previously dual enrolled or have AP credits: If you have taken AP credits and/or college level English and/or Math, please follow-up with your admissions counselor to see if we have your official transcript on file. If you have not ordered your test records or official transcript, please contact the appropriate office as soon as possible.
If you were not dual enrolled or receiving AP credit, you will need to complete Placement Exams. You will receive more information once you submit your deposit.
Have questions on placement testing? Please see our FAQs page.
Add Week Of Welcome To Your Calendar
Get a head start on meeting your future classmates by joining the Saint Leo Schools app, available for Apple and Android. You’ll receive an invitation, or you can find it yourself at app.saintleo.edu.
Thanks for securing your spot in the upcoming class and taking care of all your paperwork. Now, the only thing you have to worry about is how you’ll squeeze the next four years into the trunk of your car.