Am I a Transfer Student?
You are classified as a transfer student if you have previously registered at any other college or university as a matriculated student, regardless of the amount of time spent in attendance or credit earned. If you have earned college credits prior to receiving your high school diploma or equivalent, you are not considered a transfer student.
Students are classified according to the number of credits earned. Listed below are the requirements for the respective classifications:
- Freshman: Fewer than 30 earned credits
- Sophomore: At least 30 and fewer than 60 earned credits
- Junior: At least 60 and fewer than 90 earned credits
- Senior: At least 90 earned credits
- Special: Non-degree-seeking
Admission to Saint Leo University is a simple, straightforward process. Applicants should submit the following materials to the Office of Admission.
- Application Apply online, or download, complete and return the Application Form. The Common Application is also accepted and may be completed online.
- Official College Transcript Submit an official transcript from each institution attended, covering all collegiate-level work completed. Good standing at each institution is required. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the school to Saint Leo University in a sealed envelope. Download Transfer Student Transcript Release Form. If you have less than 24 college credits, we will also need your official high school transcripts. Download a High School Transcript Release Authorization Form.
- Letter of Recommendation The recommendation must be sent to the Office of Admissions directly from the Dean of Students or equivalent at your current institution. Download Transfer Student Recommendation Form.
- Financial Aid & Payment Options Determine how you plan to pay for your Saint Leo experience. If using Financial Aid, complete the FAFSA online. It is in your best interest to complete the financial aid process as early as possible after January 1.
- Visit Campus Students are strongly encouraged to visit the campus. Interviews are not required, but a visit enables the candidate to talk with an admission counselor, tour the campus, visit classes, and meet faculty and students.
Send all documents to:
Office of Admissions, MC2008
PO Box 6665
Saint Leo, FL 33574
Fax: (352) 588-8257
Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis. Transfer priority application deadline for Spring students is November 1. Transfer priority application deadline for Fall students is March 1.
Learn more about Saint Leo University’s transfer credit policies.